Duff;

My photo
I'm 19, loyal & honest. I try my best to never let people down. I'm quite sarcastic, and i like to make people happy. Skins never fails to make me smile. I will marry Rachel Shelley. Oh, & i'm gay.

I am the Music man, i come from down your way.

|
I'm pretty much Music mad, i always have been since a really young age. I really don't know what i'd do, and where i'd be without it. Music is one of the only things i'm good at, it's pulled me through life, yay.
My musical taste ranges from Classical to Dubstep. I can honestly say i'm a lover of all music - well i like to give every song a chance anyway.
I love music that's inspired by the 80's. Ladyhawke never fails to put me in a good mood. Pink Floyd and David Bowie deserve many Golden medals.
Tracy Chapman dragged me through the hard times of Childhood. Yeah, i was a pretty mature child. I was too mature for my age anyway.
I really love a band called Squeeze, they formed in the late 70's and continued playing and making songs until the 90's. They're touring again now though so if i manage to get my hands on a couple of tickets i'm sure i might just wee myself with excitement.
I love The Beatles more than life itself, they actually are my Gods, no word of a lie.
Paul McCartney pisses me off a bit though, i think him and his limbless ex need to move somewhere far far away, but just leave his old music for me to dream about please.
I loved The Prodigy when i was younger too - i still love them now. I remember stomping round my Nan's livingroom to 'Smack my bitch up' when i was about 10. God knows why my Nan was listening to The Prodigy, slightly worrying with it being that song too!
I seen The Prodigy in the Summer at Leeds festival. They were amazing. You can't really get better than dancing round a field in a pair of Pink wellington boots, with a spliff in one hand, and a pint of Cider in the other. Nothing really comes close to that i'm afraid.
Florence and the Machine can actually sex me up anyday. Well her voice can, maybe not her face. Her vocal skillssss are a dream, she was at Leeds too, she's one of the main reasons i went actually.
La Roux's pretty decent too. She's starting to bore me slightly, her remixes with heaven 17 are talented though. I think Ellie Goulding's stolen her spotlight a little bit. She was really good at Leeds though, what i can remember anyway. By the time La Roux hit the stage i'd been on approximately 8 sets of shoulders and could barely stand up due to the amount of Weed and Cider i thought it would be clever to consume. Naughty Beck.
One time i was listening to Crystal Castles in my car and my friend thought there was something wrong with the CD. She actually took out the disk and began cleaning it, the strange girl. That just goes to show how mainstream and boring the music is in Skelmersdale, unless you're part of our wierd and wonderful group.
Mumford and Sons, 2 Door Cinema Club, The Temper Trap, Killa Kela, Bombay Bicycle Club, Passion Pit & Paramore are all on this years 'to do' list. I'll let you know how it goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment